Tuesday 20 March 2012

MUA All In One - BB Beauty Balm


Ello lovelies! 
I'm going to start off by saying one thing. I LOVE BB Creams. So if this review is a little critical, that would be why. Since jumping on the bandwagon last summer I've collected a few, mostly Asian branded creams. The Skin79 Hot Pink is one of my holy grail products, i love it so much I'm on my third one already! I've been noticing, well i think everyone has, the mass of BB Cream products crashing onto the UK market. The ones Ive tried, well ones in my price range, i haven't been all that impressed with. But being a lover of MUA i was delighted to have spotted this in my local Superdrug and was eager to give it a whirl!
One of my favourite things about BB Creams is that they generally have a high SPF and many are choc full of ingredients that beneficial to the skin. But here in the UK we're lucky to get a few weeks of sun, so the lack of SPF isn't really issue. It may even been seen as a plus since SPF can cause a white cast in photos.  

The Beauty Balm comes in three shades: Light, Medium and Dark. Having tried their Matte Foundation and had an epic oompa loompa crisis i was a tad cautious at first. But i was assured by their more than helpful Facebook team that the shades had been reformulated and were much lighter, which I'm pleased to say they actually are! Just a shame I'm abnormally pale eh?

Okay so its not an exact colour match, but its not awful and I was determined to give it a bash! I did find it on the dryer side of a liquid foundation, nothing a bit of moisturiser or primer beforehand wouldn't fix.
 

A brave before and after pic... My skin has quite a lot of pink in it and on top of that i have some broken capillaries, evidence of my spot squeezing/picking stupidity! I was actually quite pleased at the coverage, medium and build able, which gets a thumbs up from me. And even though the shade wasn't a perfect match it blended pretty well into the skin. I set mine with Elfs HD powder and did notice a little shine a few hours in. It doesn't have the longest wear, but survived a whole day of uni without looking too shabby.

Overall i think its a pretty decent product. It wont be replacing my Skin79 any time soon but they are so different you can't really compare them. I wouldn't really class this as a BB Cream as such, but its certainly the best UK offering I've tried so far. It's priced at £4 for 30ml which is pretty bargaintastic if you ask me.

If you're looking for an affordable medium coverage foundation and you fit in the shade range, i really recommend giving this a bash! But in terms of BB cream, nothings yet to top my Hot Pink!

You can check it out in your local Superdrug or online here.

Have you tried any BB Creams yet?

xox

13 comments:

  1. It gives a nice even finish! Very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the commenter above, great finish. I want to try the asian bb creams but I dont know how readily available they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've purchased mine from both YesStyle and Ebay. Yes is a tad more pricey, but with Ebay you run the risk of fakes. Its sad they are a little tricky to get hold of in the UK.

      xox

      Delete
  3. Great review! I still haven´t tried any BB creams, because I really don´t know with what to start :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont most the asian bb creams have skin lightening properties? Im gna give this one a go for £4 its hardly a big deal if I dnt like it is it and ive not seen a bad review of it so far! These cheap brands seem to be goin from strength to strength at the min ive always thought they'd be cheap and nasty but theyre far frm it might give more of them a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of them have whitening/brightening properties which help even out skin time over time. I'm a big fan of MUA the quality is brilliant for the most part they are purse friendly :)

      xox

      Delete
  5. I love BB Creams, really tempted to try this one out as it's only £4 :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gives really good coverage and looks amazing on your skin which is surprising because it's so cheap! No orange tones either which is really a problem for me because I'm quite pale also

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have very pale skin, i would say white skin with a bit of a pink undertone. I really struggle to find foundations to suit my skin tone. Do you have a favorite for you skin? Loving your blog!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Illamasqua's Skin Base runs REALLY light. I have 02, and its a smidge too light. Which is novelty! Also Revlons Colour Stay (Dry forumla) is pretty fair. :)

      xx

      Delete
  8. This looks like a great product. I have never tried BB creams before, but have quite damaged skin in areas, so it probably would do wonders for my skin. thanks for sharing

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such beautiful eyes even here in the most natural state! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...