Monday 3 March 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Collection!

Hii Lovelies!

With all the excitement of Sephora now shipping to the UK and Tarte's upcoming QVC UK launch i thought I'd share with you my little Amazonian Clay Blush collection! I do have a few of their limited edition ones but there isn't really any point of sharing those since you can no longer purchase them, In total i own 5 full sizes and two minis and I absolutely adore them all. So if like so many of us bloggers you've got your eye on a few to snag when they are released (QVC have now confirmed they will be selling the blushes), here's a close up and some swatches of my little beauties!

Amazonian Clay blushes come in both matte and shimmery shades so there really is something to suit everyone's taste. They are some of the most pigmented blushes i own, blend beautifully and are pretty much my all time favourite blush formula. I have to be a little careful with the deeper shades because of the intense pigmentation but they blend out with so much ease its simple to fix my heavy handedness. They are also incredibly long wearing, these rarely make it into my handbag as i normally don't feel the need to touch up during the day.

 From L - R

Tipsy - A gorgeous matte coral shade. It looks more orange in the pan than it applies to the cheek and has a more pinky-coral appearance when worn. One of my favourite spring/summer colours.

Glisten - My favourite of the bunch. A shimmering peachy pink that on the cheek does slightly resemble Nars Orgasm. But rather than an exact dupe i find it on my complexion more like Orgasm's slightly lighter, more sophisticated older sister. Its much more refined than Orgasm and can be worn as a subtle flush or built up for more intensity.

Exposed - A matte rosy nude that will go with absolutely everything. I find this a more subtle shade and use it frequently as a sort of all in one contour and blush on my lazy days. It really is a beautiful, unique colour and i own nothing even close to this in my collection.

Blushing Bride - A shimmery plumy rose. This is one of my favourite winter shades that could easily be worn throughout the year. It blends beautifully and the shimmer is subtle and just adds a sheer sheen to the skin.

Flush - Bright purpley/berry matte shade. As a little warning this blush used to be part of the permanent line but was discontinued. They have released a new Flush blush but from the Sephora website it doesn't look to be the same. I'll update this post when i can get more information on the newer release. I find this one a little harder to wear because it is so bright, but a gorgeous shade nonetheless.

Dollface - Matte light pink. The last two are mini shades i picked up around the tills in Sephora. I believe these were around $15 for the pair which was a complete bargain seeing as they are just under half the size of a full sized blush, and who gets through a whole one anyway? Dollface is such a wearable colour and goes well with such a variety of looks. I love pairing this with just a simple winged liner and is my go to blush to wear with silver smokey eyes.

Park Avenue Princess Bronzer - Sephora describes this as "A highly pearlized light yellow gold", i can't overly see a yellowness to it but it is way to shimmery for me to use as a bronzer. I'm looking forward to the summer months to see if i can pull this off as overall glow but i haven't actually used it yet. I may even try using this as a wash of colour on the lid to get some use out of it.

L - R: Tipsy, Exposed, Glisten, Blushing Bride, Flush, Dollface and Park Avenue Princess.

Tarte blushes are priced at $26 a pop but to me are personally worth every cent. They work out at £16.48 plus taxes on the Sephora website which is really reasonable and i am extremely interested to see how QVC are going to price these. I've got my eye on adding a few shades to my collection soon. Possible Achiote (LE) if i can catch it before its gone for good and Dazzled as it looks like the perfect shimmering rose.

Have you tried any Tarte blushes?

Are you as excited for the entire Tarte launch as i am?

Let me know!

12 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I really want to try these but they are so hard to get in Australia :( Such beautiful colours! great post :)
    Rebecca xx
    http://rebeccaruhles.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope they become available for you soon! xo

      Delete
  2. I've never tried these before but I really want to! They look gorgeous xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. great swatches, some really pretty shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a blush kind of girl but I do want to try exposed x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  5. blushing bride and flush are so pretty. i love plum tones and bright shades don't scare me at all, haha.

    Love That Lavender Brunette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...