Monday 8 August 2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows III


If you're thinking this is an odd post you might be happy to know there is actually method in my madness! Urban Decay released there Book of Shadows III last year i believe, but to my delight Debenhams have recently started selling them again. I found it on a random check for the 15th anniversary palette and it was definitely a great surprise! I missed this palette the first time round and I'm ecstatic that i managed to get my hands on this now. If you're considering getting this I'd definitely advise you to get this sooner rather than later because no one knows how long this will actually be on sale for.


Firstly the packaging... it's pretty impractical but i love it! It's gotta be some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen.The top part of the palette has an open up lid that has a super cute pop up scene of New York with adorable lighting behind it. It is pretty bulky so not something you can throw in you're handbag but if you're like me and are sucker for packaging you'll love this.


Value for money wise i think this is actually fantastic, not only do you get 16 eye shadows but two mini 24/7 eyeliners and a mini primer potion. The eyeliners were the biggest selling point for me as I've been meaning to pick up Zero for quite some time now, it's simply the best black eyeliner I've ever used. Loaded and Kush shades where the second selling point for me, I'm slightly obsessed with green eye shadows and having those two gorgeous shades to clash with my hair was just the cherry on top of the cake.

Now for the swatches!


(I'm not used to having nails so accidentally took a chunk out of Uzi, *sobs*)


How gorgeous is Kush?! If i wasn't excited enough about this palette when i got it swatching just multiplied my excitement, i can't wait to try these out.


As i mentioned above the palette comes with two mini 24/7 eyeliners in Zero and Ransom. I'm not a big purple person but I'm certainly going to be having a play around with Ransom and Psychedelic sister as this was the most eye catching shades to me. I've not been let down with any of these shades so far, the colours are stunning and the pigmentation and texture is awesome but i really wouldn't expect any less from Urban Decay.


I originally wasn't going to blog about this as it's been done to death in the past but i thought it was a great chance to let some UK'ers know that they could still get their hands on this! Overall i think this is a wonderful palette and would make a great gift or just be an extremely pretty piece of your collection.


These are currently available online only at Debenhams website for £32.

 And as far as I'm aware was the only palette that didn't see a slight increase in price this week, as the Naked Palette went from £32 to £35 which i thought was odd.


Anyways, thanks for reading lovelies.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks gorgeous! Loving your blog :) xx

    http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...