Wednesday 25 June 2014

Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights - Review

Hey there Lovelies!

 Makeup Revolution have been doing the rounds here in the blogging world so of course i had to place a cheeky order, or two! With a huge product line and bargain prices they were bound to catch us beauty lovers attention. They have a real extensive line of products and a lot of "dupes" of higher end products so I'll have quite a few more exciting MUR reviews coming up here on the blog!

As with a fair amount of their products their Vivid Baked Highlighter really reminds me of the much loved pink MUA Highlighter offering, but MUR have no affiliation with the brand. This particular product comes in three shades, Peach Lights (as pictured, but my shoddy lighting has washed the product pics out quite significantly), Pink Lights and Golden Lights.

Baked highlighters are some of my favourite products to use and my Mac Mineralized Skinfishes are some of my most reached for products in my collection, so i was eager to pick up a cheaper alternative. It contains a rather generous 7.5g of product and is housed in pretty sturdy plastic packaging. Texture wise the powder is quite stiff but easily picked up onto a brush (i like to use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply it) and blends out quite nicely.

Finish wise it has quite a metallic sheen to it, making it a no go for me for day time use unless used with a real light hand. The peach doesn't really translate on the skin either just leaving more of a sheer champagne glow which I've quite enjoyed for more dramatic, evening looks. All you glitter haters can breathe a sigh of relief that this contains no chunky glitter either, and on me it doesn't tend to accentuate my pores.
For a bargain brand this is a really decent highlighter, just not for daytime wear for me personally. It costs a mere £3 and contains a lot of product for the price point which is always a plus. If you enjoy MUA's Pink Highligher offering then I'm sure you'll love the Makeup Revolution ones, now have a couple more shades to play with. My Mineralized Skinfishes still hold my heart on the highlighter front but for a budget brand this gets a thumbs up from me!

Makeup Revolution are due to launch in selected Superdrug stores but in the meantime you can check out their range on the website here.

Have you tried any Makeup Revolution products?

xox

11 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this for going out! It definitely looks like it's for night wear. Great review x

    Angela @ The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've been wanting to get my hands on Makeup Revolution products since it started popping up in the beauty community!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have some more MUR reviews coming soon! xo

      Delete
  3. This looks like a pretty budget friendly highlighter, I agree might look best at night but I think its a bargain at £3
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty good deal for the price! xo

      Delete
  4. This is a really gorgeous shade for a highlighter-I like ones that have peach tones because it's very realistic. I like how it sat well on your skin, no sinking into pores! Thanks for the great review!

    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely looks great for a night out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I just wish it was a little more versatile! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...