Friday 21 February 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Review


Hey Lovelies!

As soon as i spotted these in my local Boots i knew i had to have them, its no big shocker really considering my love for all things matte in the lipstick department
! There are 10 shades in the matte range and i had to pop into three stores to find the shades i was after, annoyingly it seems smaller Boots are stocking just 4 shades while the larger are only carrying 8. Which leaves the purple shade firmly out of my reach at the moment... Sigh.

I did get my paws on 3 gorgeous shades to share with you today! These are currently on 3 for 2 in Boots or £7.99 each (Superdrug currently have £2 off) so keep your eyes peeled for offers if you are after a few shades. The shades i picked up were Unapologetic - an extremely bright warm pink, Elusive - nudish (for me) lightish pink and Audacious - hot orange. I don't think i own anything like these in my collection!


Matte, oh how i love thee. I really enjoyed the balm stains Revlon released in previous years so was SO excited to hear of the release of these beauties. I'll make the obvious comparison now... These are very similar packaging, smell and texture-wise to the Tarte matte balms. I haven't tried any of the Tarte permanent range shades but i did get one of their gift sets around Christmas which contained 4 smaller sized balms and i feel these are very comparable. They both share a similar minty scent, extremely similar packaging and both have a lovely creamy texture. Surprisingly I've found the Revlon ones pack more of a punch in the colour department, but this may just be because they have a brighter colour range. If you're not after an exact Tarte shade these are a great inexpensive dupe.

I like to wear a balm underneath as with any lipstick but for a matte shade i don't find them overly drying, i actually find these a lot more comfortable on the lips than Mac Mattes or Retro mattes. They are pretty much opaque after two swipes and i find the application really easy with these sort of chubby stick style pens. I've worn Unapologetic for around 7 hours before needing a touch up, it even lasted through eating and drinking although it did look a little dry by the end of its wear. I even forgot at one point i was even wearing a lipstick, so these get a huge thumbs up from me!
 


Overall the Revlon Matte Balms are a massive win for me, but i am a little biased towards mattes. They are comfortable, they wear well and they are affordable. So far are my stand out drugstore product of the year! If you love mattes you really need to go give these beauties a swatch. I'll now be hunting down that purple until i can eventually get my hands on it, oh and possibly a couple more shades while I'm at it... I know they're a new release and its wishful thinking, but i do hope Revlon release more shades in this range!

Have you tried the Revlon Matte Balms yet?
What are your favourite matte lipsticks?

19 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to wear mattes, but everyone I've tried (which believe me, is a lot!) has dried my lips out so much they've been chapped within half an hour or so. Then I tried these and it is love!

    You picked up some really pretty shades, I got Audacious too.
    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely some of the more comfortable mattes i have! xo

      Delete
  2. Nice swatches, some pretty shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I now need to get my hands on the rest! xo

      Delete
  3. still hunting down that purple shade! mattes are always the best.

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've only seen it online so far! xo

      Delete
  4. Love these! Big matte fan.. I picked up Audacious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am definitely going to hunt down Unapologetic when these hit our shores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it, its a really unique shade! xo

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous swatches! I have a few of these Revlon matte balms and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look lovely - I actually picked up some of the glossy version because the boots I was in didn't have many of the matte ones xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to go swatch the glossy ones soon! xo

      Delete
  8. we've been waiting to get our hands on these for the longest time ever, but everytime we head into store, they're all sold out!! The swatches look amazing, so we can't wait to try them out for ourselves

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm I do love them, but I much more prefer the Glossy one (probably being bias too) hehe

    www.prettyinglamm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we like what we like! Although i am tempted to go swatch the glossy ones soon! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...